CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happpy October!



So, it's October 1, yesterday we had snow flurries, needless to say, fall is here and winter is not far away. I had to get up this morning (6:00am) to start irrigating my lawn, walking across the frozen grass I thought to myself how silly it was to be watering with this much frost on the ground, but I started my water anyway...
Last weekend, Aaron, my brother, and a wonderful friend from our ward spent the entire day (9am-9pm) replacing our water lines. after a year and a half, we now have water pressure EVERYWHERE in our home, they also performed small demolition (in order to get to the water lines in the upstairs bathroom), and my mind is already moving a mile a min as to what to do now...I have big plans, I don't have a big pocket book. Part of the water line replacement project was a new water heater, (the other one had pretty much seen its last day, we replaced elements, and it was doing OK, but we still had worries...such as build up that a plumber of 10+ years had NEVER seen come out of a water heater!)and a manifold block. The manifold block was Aaron's decision, and is his pride and joy in the whole project...it looks cool (there is a function to having it as well, but right now, it just looks cool :).

The other day I was visiting a friend's blog and she had the most amazing post all about FALL, it got me so excited for the season. Just to fill you in, she mentioned things like warm socks, pumpkin pie, cuddling under blankets, leaves crunching, warm apple crisp, and hot chocolate...doesn't that produce an image that makes you wish you were there? Well, this morning I discovered that the season is here, and now it's up to me to create the atmosphere to enjoy it. This morning (if we have some) I think I will make hot chocolate :).

Today is a State wide in-service day, tomorrow is as well, and Aaron is in Moscow enjoying what will be a wonderful conference where he will get to conduct on video and receive feedback from the Director of Bands at the University of NC at Greensboro, he was really excited about this, hopefully the other sessions are just as exciting.

My mind is also gearing towards Halloween...Alexis wants to be a fairy, so I have been searching for a free pattern, or ideas to make it cheaper than I can buy it...any ideas/suggestions? McKenzie will be a lady bug...we already have the costume from when Alexis was a lady bug, and Aaron is wondering what he will go as to complete the ensemble...any more ideas?

3 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Happy Fall to you too! The water heater manifold does look very cool, hopefully it works well too!

Our little daughter was a fair for Halloween one year. What I did was I found some wings at the craft store and used a 40% off coupon. Then I took tulle (I found it on a roll in the wedding area) and elastic or ribbon, make it the size of her waist plus a little. Then determine the length and cut the tulle and tie it around the elastic. If you do it really full it is more like a tutu, but longer and less it is more like a fairy. Here is a good website to look at http://tearosehome.blogspot.com/2009/09/tutorial-tutu.html . I hope this helps, it a little long.

Brett - Rachel B said...

Isn't water pressure wonderful? It just makes you feel SO good.
Glad you appreciate that as much as I do.

If you have a Dollar Tree or other $1 store check and see if they have wings, I got Maries there and they work great.
If not you could just take 2 wire hangers and pull white queen size stockings over them. They sell them at Walmart for 30 cents. Then decorate with spray glitter or whatever sparkles and glue you have lying around.
Also for a wand a fake flower looks good.
Post pictures of whatever you do!

Melinda said...

Did I mention that Aaron was REALLY excited about how cool the pipes look when he was up here? Yeah -- he was REALLY excited! ;-D

I thought I had already written a comment on this post, but I guess I just meant to or lost internet connection or something.

P.S. - The windmill one is my favorite, too -- and that's the problem. I can't get it out of my mind but I don't know if I can DO it. But I think I'm just going to go for it. Hahahahahahahaha!