CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday!




On September 4 we celebrated McKenzie turning 1 (just slightly late) and Alexis turning 4. I can't believe that I have a four-year-old! We celebrated at my brother's home, they have more room, and more chairs. We had an afternoon BBQ, dad came down, and the girls had a great time.

The cakes were completed just minutes before lunch was suppose to start...leave it to me to be last minutes on cakes, AGAIN! I wasn't going to do a lot for Alexis, she really just wanted to have sprinkles-and do them herself, so I thought that would be great, but I wanted to do something special for McKenzie, and when Alexis found out, she decided that she wanted something more too. The original plan was to have a teddy bear for McKenzie and a Carousel for Alexis...I feel so blessed that Alexis is so easy going and willing to share and didn't have to be individualistic this time...time was short so Alexis agreed to also have a teddy bear, and thought it was the coolest thing that the cakes matched...she still got to put her own sprinkles on, which really was the best part.

Alexis was so good at taking turns when it came to presents. I really couldn't ask for more in a four-year-old than the one I was blessed with, it was HER birthday, yet she was so willing to also make the day so special for her sister as well.

McKenzie loved opening presents once she grasped the idea...Christmas should be great. McKenzie got her first teddy bear, an adorable little guy from the hospitality department at St. Al's Hospital in Boise...different I know, but it was THE cutest, softest, most perfect bear I had ever seen. (Thanks mom for the foot-work to make this happen)



Alexis' big gift was a new car seat, she is finally tall enough to no longer be in a five-point-harness, and has been upgraded to a booster, which she will probably still be sitting in when she is 12! She loves it, and for the most part does really well with the added responsibility of sitting in a booster vs. a car seat.

Thank you to all who made this day so great. We truly are blessed to live so close to family.

Happy Birthday Alexis! Happy (belated) Birthday McKenzie! We love you!

2 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

It's great that they are at the age where you can give them a carseat and they think it's awesome!
Happy Birthday little gals!

Gayle said...

Happy Birthday Girls!! Looks like you guys had fun.