
5 fun facts about McKenzie:
1. McKenzie just started to roll from her back to her stomach, but only does so if there is a certain wet-wipe package close by that she can grab and make noise with...then she will only roll if she can't reach it, and if she doesn't get too tired. If she gets tired before she gets herself rolled over, we all hear about it :).
2. McKenzie has a K-9 on her bottom left that is poking through her gums, it doesn't seem to move up and down, and I think this is an odd tooth to be present first, but such is life, maybe her front teeth will break through and grow before this K-9 gets through much further.
3. McKenzie loves to sit up. She can't do this task on her own yet, but loves it when others help her. She isn't even satisfied with her bouncer anymore because it is too much of an incline, and she wants to be UP.
4. McKenzie loves to be talked to, tickled, and occupy your entire attention. She gets the BIGGEST grins when she knows that you are focused on her, and only her, and she gets very upset when this is ended and she isn't ready for it to end yet. Her laughter is like music to my ears, especially when I have had a long day.
5. McKenzie doesn't like to sleep in someones arms, but prefers to be placed in her bed with a blanket securely wrapped around her. This is also the only time she insists on having her pacifier-it has a calming effect for her and I don't mind, especially because it is only when she sleeps.

5 fun facts about Alexis:
1. Alexis is the smartest 3-year-old I know. She knows her numbers (1-10 mostly, but ventures higher while counting, she just usually gets lost somewhere past 13). She knows her letters--not so much the ABC song...her patience is such that she usually doesn't slow down enough to get the right letters in the fast parts (lmnop, etc.)--She recognizes them on everything, and insists on telling them to you, especially when they are on my shirt and she can sit on my lap and turn it in to mommy time. She loves to type in her own document, and especially likes being instructed on how to spell names like Daddy, Mommy, McKenzie, and Alexis--she is almost to a point where she can do this one by herself. She knows the sounds her letters make--no I am not kidding, she loves sounds (she is her daddy's little girl), and phonics is no different.
2. Alexis LOVES playing the drums. Not just tapping on a single drum, no this will not do, she insists on the drum set, and she does a pretty good job once someone helps her onto the seat. As mentioned, she is her daddy's little girl, musical sound is also no exception. She also loves to visit daddy to play her 'flute' (recorder) her trumpet, and of course, her drums. There was a time when she would turn any toy into either her guitar, or her saxophone, I haven't seen this consistently in a while, but every-now and then it returns, and I find her with a toy pushed up to her lips while she is making humming noises or singing, dancing and playing her 'instrument'.
3. Alexis loves to help, especially if she is helping her daddy in the kitchen. Just one more thing that makes her daddy's little girl, she loves to cook, and Aaron is great at letting her help. She can crack eggs, but usually only gets one cracked before getting overly excited about the mess it left on her fingers, and refusing to crack another one. (Oddly enough, she doesn't complain about the mess sugar leaves on her fingers when helping to make cinnamon rolls...;)
4. Alexis HATES having her cloths wet or dirty. She goes through more cloths than McKenzie does, and it is usually because her shirt was wet, or she spilled something on her pants while eating. Even if I can't see it, she insists that it is there, and disappears to her bedroom, changes, and comes back to eat, sometimes so quickly I didn't even know she left.
5. Alexis loves to run. Winter time has got to be the worst for both Alexis and me. Aaron and I always talk about our little track star. She is very coordinated, loves sports, and loves being outside.
Tag, your it! Melinda, Sarah, Shawna (you might just have to start a blog ;), Katie, Mary, and anyone else who wants to spend a few moments reflecting on their little ones...this is a great reminder of why we love them so much.
6 comments:
Yey! A new post! And you did the tag! I am so excited to get to see you guys in a few weeks (I hope it works out!) I can't wait to meet the baby- what precious girls you have!
Your girls are so beautiful!! :) Those pictures are so cute! I love them!!! :)
I have a MySpace and a Facebook page and I'm still groaning that I gave in to those -- I'm not sure I can handle a blog too. However, I am considering getting rid of MySpace and Facebook and just doing a blog. Ahh! Too much technology.
I love your facts about your girls though -- so cute. And I love seeing their pictures since we don't see each other much.
you have such beautiful girls!
Your girls are so cute and sweet. They must bring so mcuh entertainment to your family. I can relate to the winter season. I feel like I am on house arrest during Winter, its hard for me too.
Loved your post. I hope that you'll get us some of the pictures of the girls. They are great. What beautiful granddaughters. We are so looking forward to seeing them again
Post a Comment