SNOW! Today Aaron and I woke up to rain, about three hours later it was snowing. Alexis was so excited! She rushed to get dressed just so she could go outside. Later she changed out of her choice of lounging cloths so she could go run outside and her pants wouldn't get wet.
Today as part of a cold weather inside day we pulled out a book Alexis got for Christmas last year--sticker sudoku. I can't even begin to describe how difficult it is and how much patience is required to work with a five-year-old on figuring out why a certain picture goes in a certain square. I think Alexis REALLY started to hate the question WHY? I was trying to get her to explain why she chose a picture, and work vocally through the process, she eventually understood what I was doing, and has since perfected the sticker sudoku process.
It was great to see her work through the problem and her frustrations with me on why I wouldn't let her guess. It never ceases to amaze me just how impressionable her little mind is, even in her most determined state. She really loves to learn, and as long as I have the patience, she has the patience.
Happy Snowy day!
7 years ago
1 comments:
I am so glad to here you are all doing well. Alexis sounds so grown up! I'm hoping for pictures soon so I can see how much they have changed. No snow up this way yet, but I'm sure it's coming. I'm actually a little envious that you have snow -- I love it and, like Alexis, get very excited when it arrives.
Post a Comment