Today I went in for my first NST (non-stress test), having officially reached 41 weeks, they wanted to make sure that everything was still going well inside...and guess what? Baby Boy Marshall is very well, text book infact, and the nurse at the hospital said it doesn't look like he's comming out soon...not reassuring!--although before we left she said that she thinks we'll have a baby before the next set of tests :).
We then went for an ultrasound to measure fluids...again everything is great, but this ultrasound placed me only at 39 weeks 3 days--the further you are from conception the more inaccurate ultrasound dates are, but this was also NOT reassuring!
Lastly, an appointment with my Midwife Julie, one of three that I see. After reviewing my file (and the fact that I still haven't delivered) she thinks that my 'real' due date is probably closer to my 26-week ultrasound, which was slightly shy of two weeks off from "my dates". They don't change your due date unless an ultrasound places you 2+ weeks off, so chances are that my due date has been wrong for the last 40 weeks, and we have just learned this through the HUGE fact that I am still pregnant :). Isn't learning from trial/error great?! I guess next time I just won't be so sure of "my dates".
This being said, I am still scheduled for NST again on Monday--twice a week until I deliver, so here is hoping for a baby this weekend, because really, who wants a Thanksgiving birthday? Cake is not something usually found on the menu! :).
7 years ago
3 comments:
Good luck Monique. I'm glad everything is still well (and I'm praying that baby comes soon for your sake).
I know I'm literally praying he comes this weekend or at the beginning of next week, cuz I want to meet the little man . . . and find out his name! ;-D And holiday birthdays are NO FUN!!! I don't care who you are!
we keep watching and waiting! Good luck you guys! Hope he arrives soon!!!
Post a Comment