CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Tribute to my mother...

Today is a very special day to someone very special in my life. Today is my mom's birthday. To celebrate, I had Alexis, Morgan, and Collin (cousins) call and together we sang a primary birthday song.

My mom was born in 1944, unless I take time to think about it, I can't tell you how old she is, it doesn't really matter, because she has never acted as old as she is, and much her advantage, she doesn't look as old as she is. I guess genetically, this is also to my advantage ;).
Anyway, my purpose in this to tell the world how wonderful my mother is, and how much I appreciate everything she does.

My mom like many of yours, would do anything she could to make life easier for her children.

She is always there, even when 'there' is just a phone call away--and some days I'm sure she would rather not answer :) .

Her service hours for others are too numerous to count.

She has talents that I can only dream of like her ability to write short hand--old school short hand, (if you don't know what this is, google it, and look at images, absolutely amazing, she can record anything, and has blessed us with this ability--I have copies of my baby blessing, my baptism confirmation, my daughters baby blessings, etc.) tole painting, crocheting, apparel and design, and cooking/baking, cake decorating, just to name a few.

Her knowledge base is spectacular.

Her resume is amazing.

My mom could have done anything in this world, but she chose (and was able to) be a stay-at-home mom. This one decision has changed my life completely. I know I would not be the individual I am today if I had not had her constant guidance and direction in my life. She has taught me an continues to teach me everything.

All I need to know in life I learned from my mom....
Happy Birthday! We love you.

0 comments: