CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Healthy Check-up

So, February is half-way over...how are your New year's resolutions? Are you having trouble staying committed? Personally, there are those resolutions that aren't a problem keeping up with, and then there are those that are always in the back of my mind as something I really need to focus on. For example: My resolution of weight loss and a healthy lifestyle...Over all, exercising isn't my problem area, I struggle with healthy eating. I love sweets! (and salty, and pretty much anything that adds inches, takes off years (not in a good way) and overall just isn't healthy.)

So, with the lump-sum of candy-holic holidays out of the way, how are your health resolutions? Any tips?

Here's how my girls are doing with theirs. :)



Alexis loves to exercise, and I love that she is learning that exercising isn't something you only do when you are "out of shape", you exercise to stay healthy and "in-shape" Alexis really enjoys mommy's step, and follows surprisingly well. Amazingly, Alexis also loves Jillian Michael's 30-day shred...I think it is all of the jumping--jumping jacks, jump rope--she just loves it. Although she can't do a 'real' push-up, she loves doing variations like a wall push-ups.



McKenzie is learning the importance of exercise in her ability to keep up with her sister.



McKenzie also is working on major muscle groups as she perfects crawling, and learns to stand up with assistance. Sometimes she will go from sitting to a bear crawl position thinking that she will be able to stand, and just doesn't quite make it, BUT she never gives up, and someday I know this will be a reality for her.


And we can't forget healthy eating:

3 comments:

Gayle said...

The girls look like they are having fun living a healthy life style. I love all the cute pictures.

Shawna said...

What cute pictures. That video of Alexis is adorable!

Marshallparents said...

loved the video. We need to call and talk to Alexis and thank her for the cute card. It was fun seeing her writing her own name. We love you all