CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2-week check up

Today was McKenzie's 2 week check up; 8 lbs. 20 in. long, and doing very well. Alexis went to the appointment with us, and it was fun to get to explain what was happening to her "baby sister"...the doctor is listening to her heart, now her lungs, etc. Alexis was able to relate because she had just been to the doctor in May (for an eye infection), and still remembered the brief check-up she had had, so after each comment--he is now listening to her heart, Alexis would say, "like me, my heart". It was great to see her connect the two, and be able to be that much more a part of McKenzie's check-up. McKenzie had to have her follow-up PKU testing (for those of you who don't know or don't remember, they do one in the hospital, and a follow up in your two week check...they puncture the heel, and then have to fill 4 circles with blood). I explained to Alexis what was going to happen before they did anything so she would be prepared for the crying...she took the news well, but throughout the procedure Alexis kept saying "I don't like baby sister crying"...I explained (and hope she understood) that sometimes, there is no way around it.

McKenzie is changing and you can tell that she is filling out more. I was just telling Aaron yesterday how McKenzie looks like she is gaining weight and growing...My discharge papers from my CNM's said it all too well---Spend lots of time together, they are only a few days old for a few days. So true, I can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone, and how much she has already changed. She doesn't seem to be a newborn any more, she has entered the infant category, and toddlerhood is right around the corner...sigh.

We started "tummy time" yesterday, she fell asleep :)...she is gaining more control over her head though, and her eyes are focusing more each day. (You can't see it very well, but her eyes are a DEEP blue, I'm not sure they will stay this way for long, only time will tell.

Be sure to look at the archives if you are interested in pictures or our birth story...they weren't 'up' for long because of this update.

We are headed to Boise, and then Stanley this weekend--Mt. Mama's--I am hoping to also get a family picture, wish us luck, with an infant and a toddler, we will need it :).

5 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, you're girls are so beautiful! It's amazing how fast they grow! We had family pictures taken last fall with a newborn and a toddler, it was interesting! I'm sure you'll get some great ones though!Have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love you story! I was laughing all the way through it trying to picture this! But I'm glad you and baby are doing well! They're so cute! I love that picture of Lexi and Kenzie on the
4th! Soooo cute!

Gayle said...

Lexi is such a good big sister. I can't beleive that Kenzie is already 2 weeks old. I can't wait to see her.

Marshallparents said...

Loved the pictures of the girls together. Dad still hasn't brought his camera home so haven't seen the pictures he took. He took more than I did. We'll see them on Saturday. looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Melissa said...

So Cute! I love the pictures and such! Looks like you guys are doing well and having fun! Good to hear from you!