Valentine's weekend was full of family and memories. My sister went through the Boise temple for the first time on Saturday, Feb. 13. It was the first time EVER that all of my siblings and I were in the temple at the same time...it was amazing, wonderful, memorable, and AWESOME!
On Sunday, February 14, after church in the Boise Hillside ward, Elliott was blessed. He did so well, even the bishop commented on how happy of a baby he was, I guess Elliott was smiling the entire time. How precious to know that during this memorable moment, he was happy. It was a great day with LOTS of memories. Aaron's parents came up from St. George and we are so thankful for their travel time just to be here. Our little one is now officially on church records (well, as soon as we get the paperwork done).
Monday was President's day so we weren't rushed to get back home. Alexis decided to stay and have a grandma week, Aaron has Drill this weekend, so we will be back in Boise to pick her up. So far she is behaving normally, complaining every night at dinner that she doesn't like the food, tries a bite, an then decides that she LOVES it! :). I LOVE this stage! I feel badly that mom had to experience it as well.
McKenzie has had mommy time all week and really enjoyed it. She is also choosing to be more vocal! She loves to sing and mimic. I can't wait until she decides that she also wants to talk. Unfortunately I think her non-verbal communication is too good to encourage talking...she communicates just fine with out it and as a mother it is VERY hard for me to not give her what she asks for just because she didn't say "it".
The month of February is flying by, and with it so is basketball season...something I am NOT sad about. We just have to make it through Drill weekend, and the UI Jazz Festival before we say good-bye to February... The month of March presently looks very open and I expect LOTS of family time, something we have all been missing.
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment