CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Family update



Well, it's been quite a while since my last post, lets face it, I'm really not as good at this as I was hoping ;). Since my last post the biggest news in our family is...DADDY'S HOME! It was great to get to see him graduate. Both family day and graduation day were memoriable experiences, but we were both glad (Aaron more than me for obvious reasons) to get out of the GA heat + humidity and get HOME.



Once home, life started right back up again. There really is no excaping it ;). We were lucky enough to have a visit from Aaron's parents. Alexis was so happy to get to visit with G&G Marshall, she adorned her favorite shirt-ty dye from TN-given to her from G&G Marshall-just to be able to tell them thank you, AGAIN--the shirt is at least a year old, she says thank you everytime she is wearing it around them :)--It was also a great opportunity for them to talk to Aaron about his summer experience and for us all to catch up with each other...Thanks for the great visit!


McKenzie and Alexis are both VERY excited to have their daddy home. For days, and sometimes even still, McKenzie will reach out and grab onto Aaron just to keep him close. Alexis was bouncing off walls for the first few days she was so excited. The only "bad" part about this is that with her extream excitement came an inabliity to really control her actions--not a good combination. She has since calmed down and is almost back to 'normal'.

Aaron had drill this weekend, his first back from basic training, and hopefully his last with the RSP unit in Pocatello. We haven't been told for sure (there was recently some confusion) but hopefully he will be able to spend his monthly drills in Boise with "the band"...this will prepare him more for AIT next summer, and would be more productive; RSP is more for those who are preping for basic training, and since Aaron is done, it leaves little room for growth.

And finally, with Aaron back from GA, we are ready to let the world know that... WE'RE EXPECTING! (as you can see from our count down) Marshall Baby #3 is due the middle of November and we are very excited. I can't believe how fast the time has flown, it doesn't seem real to say that I am 7m pregnant, and in about 13 weeks we will be blessed with a new spirit in our family. We told Alexis last Saturday, and her first response was, "Can it be a boy?" We don't know what it is yet, so explaining this to her was fun and interesting. She has since told me numerous times how happy she is that there is a baby in my tummy, Just this last week, she felt baby kick, and thought it was "so awesome". Aaron was at basic training at our 20 week ultra sound so I didn't find out, but we have scheduled a 3-D ultrasound to give Aaron and Alexis the ultra sound experience and to find out the gender. We are all so excited. Alexis prays for baby every night and talks about how it might be a boy, or it might be a girl, and then tries to come up with names, it is all very sweet, we are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. McKenzie really has no idea what is comming, but hopfully her adjustment will be quick and she will be just as excited as the rest of us, in her own way of course.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

I just showed Dave your blog. He said it brought back a lot of memories and that he loves the yellow shirt you're wearing! Hey -- I have great taste! But you look better in it than I did in my picture of me wearing it! Hahahahahaha!

I was wondering when you were going to tell Lexi. Im glad she wants a boy. Did you say, "Join the club!"? ;-D I'm excited to see the 3-D ultrasound.

amaree said...

7 MONTHS PREGNANT?! And you're just telling us NOW? LOL... Congrats!!! Well, we'll have one just a month or two apart this time. That's exciting. And we're glad to hear that Aaron did well in Basic, that he's home safe, and that you are all happy and well! We love ya!

The Jensen Fam said...

Congrats on the basic training for Aaron and especially on your baby news! 3 kids is a lot of work and a lot of FUN!! Glad to see that you are all happy and safe.

Mary said...

That's awesome that Aaron is home! Don't you just love seeing your hubby in uniform? HUGE congrats on the pregnancy!! I can't keep mine quiter then a few days after the test at home. How exciting!!

stanggang7 said...

WOW! What GREAT news ALL THE WAY AROUND! We are glad Aaron finished his training and is back home safe and sound! CONGRATS on baby #3. Three down, four to go to catch up with the Stangers! :-)

Let's plan a visit soon! We need something fun and happy and happy to look forward to. Our summer has been less than stellar, but I have to admit, we have been ABUNDANTLY blessed by Heavenly Father!

Gayle said...

Welcome Home Aaron! Congrats to you guys with baby #3. Be sure to let us know what your having, so I can going shopping for baby #3.

Shawna said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you've kept quiet for 7 months! If I have any secrets I have to share, I'll make sure I share them with you since they clearly will be easily kept :). I'm hoping Melinda told you that we are expecting again also. Due in January and are not finding out gender again. Congrats on Aaron making it through and being back home as well. I'm glad for all of you that you are back together.

CraftyTeresa said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound Aaron! I thought about you every Sunday. like this: 'I need to write to Aaron today!' So, even though no letters happened I WAS thinking of you.
Congrats on the baby news!
(you guys can have the bed for labor day weekend.:)