CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Family Update

So, I realized that in my attempt to keep an Aaron update that I have failed to keep a family update.

Alexis has grown so much in the short time since Aaron left. It seemed that even on day one she was already so much older than before. Her attitude has changed drastically, she is more willing to help, less bossy, more compassionate, really in a nut shell, less of a three-year-old; almost like knowing that daddy isn't here helped her to grow up in a lot of areas. This doesn't mean that she is an angel all of the time, but the good have more than doubled the bad.

Alexis loves counting still and is working on two-digits past 15.Alexis loves playing with McKenzie and has entered the role of big sister in that she is more than willing to tell McKenzie what to do/think. We are working on this, but sometimes it's kind of cute to see what she comes up with. Alexis' favorite is to have McKenzie push her around the kitchen on her 'boy'--an airplane with wheels she got for her 2nd Christmas. She also loves running around McKenzie and letting McKenzie 'chase' her back and forth. Alexis has really enjoyed having Aunt Melinda here with the twins, and loves playing with them as well, but she definitely has her favorite baby in the house, mostly because McKenzie is more mobile and interactive.

Alexis loves to draw/color and could do so for HOURS. Every week I have her draw pictures for her daddy, and then we mail them in my Sunday letter. She also loves going to the bookmobile--the traveling part of our library. They come to the park every Wednesday for Story time and craft time. Alexis loves getting new books.



McKenzie has become quite the mover and shaker. She loves to sing and dance, even in Sacrament meeting when it probably isn't the best :). McKenzie equally loves playing with Alexis, and is learning a lot about sharing with the twins here. She has six teeth, four on top, two on bottom, and I'm expecting some more really soon. She loves to laugh and be tickled, rough and tumble play is her favorite, she also really likes peek-a-boo, and hiding...anywhere she can fit! McKenzie loves seeing pictures of Aaron, her whole face lights up, and she gets the biggest smile.

My sister is visiting until the middle of July with 'the twins' and having her here has been a HUGE blessing. It makes the days go so much faster vs. that first week that I spent alone. Her husband has a lot on his plate this summer--national guard training, summer course, internship, SMART program orientation--so she decided that it would be best to let him focus, and what better place to go than to my house where we could at least be together even if we can't be with our spouses. :) Although days don't always go as planned, and sometimes goals seem pointless, I love having her here, it truly has been the best blessing for this summer.

I am surviving to the best of my ability. I have come to the great conclusion that I CAN'T do everything, and although it is still hard to admit, it is comforting to know that I don't have to usually, I just have to try now. Allergies are getting the best of me, and nothing seems to work, they hit the worst after working outside, but unfortunately the 'worst' lasts for days, not hours. I am learning a lot about myself and my girls, and honestly I have come to really love this chance that I have to learn and to grow and become something better than I was, and I know that Aaron is doing the same, and I am so excited to get to come back together and have a better relationship with each other, family, and our Heavenly Father because of the growth we will both have experienced over this summer.

June is almost over, and yes, I count down the days. I am planning a trip to GA for family day and graduation, hopefully I will be able to drive, and then Aaron and I will have a great week of family time on the trip back home. Driving is only an option if the SGT Cox-the one in charge of the RSP unit in Pocatello-says that he doesn't have to report in 72hrs. like they told him in reception. SGT Cox is in training for the whole month of June, so I won't know for sure until July. I am also hoping to stay on base once we get to GA, this would be such a financial blessing, and I ask for all the prayers that people are willing to give that this works out.

If you have made it this far, you are a trooper, I really should do this more often so it isn't so overwhelming :).

We love you all and feel so blessed to have you all a part of our life. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Alexis is such a good big sister. It must be fun to watch her be with McKenize. I am glad to see that you have some company while Aaron is away. That makes a big difference. Summer will be over soon and family will be back together again. Hang in there, your doing great.

Brett - Rachel B said...

The summer is like half over- your a trooper.
Tell Lisa (if thats the one to visit) hi for me.
I'm glad Alexis is giving you a break. She looks like an angel.
Love your updates!