Also this week I finally got my military ID. Aaron got his back in October, but I didn't have two forms of ID, so after 'careful planning'--mostly just thinking ahead before we went into Pocatello--, we went into the armory and now I m 'official'...It is NOT a good picture :(...don't you hate when that happens, and then you are stuck with it for years, and every time you see it you think to yourself, "that is such a bad picture." Oh well, just like drivers licences, we all get over it. :)
Alexis is going through stages of 'initiative vs. guilt' mixed with 'industry vs. inferiority'. She loves making choices and doing things "all by her own self", and she HATES being told what to do, and is very quick to 'practice' pushing the limits just to make sure she knows where her boundaries are. Needless to say, I wish it would pass.
Alexis got to give a scripture in opening exercises in Primary today. She absolutely LOVED it, the hardest thing is going to be when it isn't her turn. She did very well, and wasn't shy at all--Alexis, shy? NEVER! (I'm sure this will come back to haunt us). She is very vocal in primary and loves to add comments to anything and everything. ---How do you teach a three-year-old when it is ok to talk and when it is not ok?---
When Alexis has been tucked in for the night, with out fail, she will get out of bed and insist that she tell me something--usually a whisper in my ear. Tonight Alexis came and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, I'm gonna grow up." In this moment I was reminded how precious time is regardless of the trivial developmental stages that as parents we all struggle through. Someday, sooner than I will ever be ready for, my little girl is going to grow up, and all I will have is the memories of her childhood. Hopefully these are happy and joyful, something that I can look back on with smiles and not tears. Hopefully, I can do all in my power to make her childhood memorable for her as well. Hopefully, someday Alexis will say how much she loved her childhood, how much she loves her parents, how much she loves her Heavenly Father, how much she rejoices in the gospel...Someday, my Alexis, will grow up...
Tonight we had a missionary fireside that was wonderful. It helped Aaron and I both think about our testimonies and feel positive about the future. A question that was addressed throughout the fireside was "Why are you a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?" I strongly encourage you all to answer this question (if you're not a member, ask yourself why you are a member of the church you belong to) It is a great way to strengthen your faith and your spiritual foundation.
My favorite quote from the evening:
--Take a deep breath, trust in the Lord, get some sleep, and wake up happy.-- It was in relation to the future that sometimes seems dark and cloudy, but if we trust in the Lord, and have faith, there really isn't anything to fear.
Happy February!
7 comments:
Wow! Did you cry when Lexi said that to you? I think I would have cried and given her a big hug! But then there's the trying to get her to go to bed aspect of it, so maybe it would have just been a mental hug. I think we need a visit VERY soon!
Your girls really are getting big. They are so sweet. I love the things kids say at that age.
Thank you so much for the blogs. We love to hear/read how your family is doing and I love the pixs of the girls. They do grow up so fast. We love you guys
I love your blogs. It helps us keep up with your family. Thanks for the pix. Yes, children grow so fast.
Thanks so much for the spiritual tune-up! I've been playing the role of exhausted mom and harried Primary President and forgot that I'm not in this alone. It's hard to do the Lord's work without the Lord isn't it? The girls are beautiful! We need to get together soon. Maybe we can drive up and see your new home! Love to all!
~K
I always love your posts! Your girls are so cute! Don't you love those military ID cards? They're so incredibly flattering.
i know what you mean about the military picture. Ugh, mine was so bad. Luckily brett went up the ranks last summer and I told the people in the office "my husband is a JAG and he and his coworkers say its mandatory that all the info on the id card must be current! I need a new picture for that." Oh man, I am already turning into a military snot. Oh well it got me a new card! Where are you going to be stationed?
Idaho?
Post a Comment