CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mary, Mary quite contrary and other sundry things

Well, it is time to go back to school so I thought it would be a good time to show off my garden and show how much it has grown over the summer. (To be honest, I never thought that a vegetable would ever grow from one of those little seeds that went into the ground in June.) However, we must consider the lilies of the fields, yup, that's right it was only through the grace of our Heavenly Father and His care that my garden grew, I mean come on, I didn't do anything for my garden except a little watering and weeding. (I can't imagine being a farmer and trying to manage a couple hundred acres of farmland. That is why farmers are so religious you know!)
So, how does your garden grow, you keep thinking to yourself in a state of uncontrollable suspense . . . well, with silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row.

So, this is a out dated picture but the only one we have, and I am a too lazy to go outside and take a new one, but it shows how much my garden has grown! We have a lot of zucchini, tomatoes, corn, pumpkins, onions, beans, potatoes, russets and reds, lettuce, and did I mention corn!

Yesterday we went outside and Monique said "look we have peas!" So we picked them and ate them, all of them! It is really neat to think that our Heavenly Father has given us the chance to help in the creation process. Although I must say that it has been pretty easy on my part like I said a little water, a little elbow grease every once in while and voila! We have vegetables


Other Sundry Things:

The other day our new next door neighbour came to me and asked if we would like a piano, without hesitations I said YES. I helped them move it into their house next door and then about a month later I helped him move it into my house so now we have a real piano to call our very own. It is Willard Piano made in Chicago and as far as I can tell built in and around 1910ish. Dating pianos is not my strong point. It sounds awesome, only a few sour notes! All you have to do is avoid those certain notes and you would never guess it was out of tune. With the piano, I now own 6 instruments, including the keyboard, 7 if you count the Conch Shell.

And now the picture you are all waiting for:

I realize that everyone comes to our blog for only one reason, so I'm proud to show off any picture of McKenzie that I can. . . Enjoy!



As a side note and from what I have read: Mary Mary quite contrary, is a nursery rhyme that talks about Queen Mary I from England, she was very Catholic in a Protestant country which she took over from King Henry VIII (her father). So maybe that is why she was so Contrary all the time? She was also the Queen that was known as Bloody Mary, but that history lesson is for sometime else.

2 comments:

Marshallparents said...

I love the pictures of your garden and I really love your piano.  It is beautiful.  McKenzie is just plain cute.  Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.

amaree said...

Congrats on the piano (we understand, and even can relate, as we got a piano this weekend ourselves!) and the beautiful daughter, which we someday hope to relate to as well :) And it IS a beautiful garden... Someday, I say, someday...