Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Aaron and I are currently living in Arimo, Idaho (south of Pocatello, north of Malad) where Aaron got his first teaching job, a 6-12 position for Marsh Valley School District. We spent our summer at Camp Thunder Ridge in Southern Utah where Aaron’s father is the camp director. Aaron was the water front director, and I worked in commissary, Alexis enjoyed being around other kids and having the experience of getting to know more people.
School started in August; we found a house to rent the day (night) before Aaron had to be here…amazing how the Lord has blessed us both with an amazing job, and a wonderful place to live. We truly feel that this is where we are supposed to be right now. In October Aaron and I found out we were expecting our second child, and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival in June. We spent Thanksgiving with both families (one on Thursday, the other on Friday) in the “Boise valley”, and will be going back to Boise to spend Christmas with my family.
I am loving being able to be a stay-at-home mom, and wouldn't change it for anything, although I do have to admit that some days are better than others. I was called to be a teacher in the primary teaching the six turning seven-year-olds. I have a wonderful class, and will be sad to see them move up in January.
Alexis turned 2 in September and is potty training (some days are better than others :) ), which is wonderful...it will be great to have her out of diapers before the next one comes. She loves nursery and being around other children, although sharing isn't one of her strong points yet, she is learning. She loves to talk and to play and, just like her father, loves to be outside.
Aaron loves his new job and enjoys the challenge of building a better band program in Marsh Valley. He was able to participate as the orchestra conductor in our community presentation of "The Forgotten Carols" and did a fantastic job. Aaron was called to work both at the stake and ward level in scouting. At the stake level, he is working with 11-year-old scouts, and at the ward level he is working with 14-year-olds. He is currently kept busy after school with basket ball pep band, and festivals start in January. He is also planning on taking students to the University of Idaho Jazz Festival in February.
In a nut shell, this is our life: Living one day at a time, and loving it.
Sending our love,
Aaron, Monique, & Alexis Marshall
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment