CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yesterday the Idaho State Journal attend Drill with the RSP unit in Pocatello. They were doing an article highlighting Aaron's unit, and this morning, this was a front page photo, so I thought I would share.

Joe Kline/Idaho State Journal Pocatello Police Officer Clint Ross, right, watches and instructs a team of Idaho National Guard recruits as they practice clearing a room during training as part of the Recruit Sustainment Program at the Idaho National Guard Armory in Pocatello on Saturday.

Here is more of the article available from the Idaho State Journal web site:

POCATELLO -- Pfc. Josh Walker said many of the things he learned one weekend a month at the Idaho National Guard Armory in Pocatello prior to ever starting basic training put him ahead of the curve during boot camp.

"A lot of the things we did here, we were doing there," Walker said. "I was considered a high-speed soldier, which meant I was helping others. A lot of them didn't know what to expect."
For the rest of this story, see Sunday's Idaho State Journal.

By Jimmy Hancock

I didn't know about it until coming out of church and a friend stopped long enough to ask if Aaron was in Guard, and after I said yes, he mentioned that he thought that was him on the front page.

It's still kind of weird to see Aaron in uniform, but I'm sure this will go away with time. He is enjoying his time at Drill as he prepares for Basic Training this summer. Each month he sets a personal goal to do better than the month before, especially on his PT tests. He does very well on his running portion, so he is focusing on his push-ups and sit-ups. This month his goals were 40 and 50...he not only reached his goals, but surpassed them--43/51, 14:43-2-mile. I am so proud of him, he is working so hard to prepare, and is doing so well.

1 comments:

Gayle said...

Good Job Aaron! Keep up the great work. I really like your picture too.